Who knew that the humble banana offers so many beauty benefits to our skin? It’s rich in powerful anti-oxidants, phytochemicals, and moisture. This fruit will nourish and revitalize dry skin as well as smoothen rough and aging skin. If you have acne-prone oily skin, you can use it topically for oil control and reduce further breakouts.
Benefits to Our Skin
Banana is great not just for your skin, but one’s overall health as well. There are many powerful nutrients contained in the fruit that make it the perfect addition to your all natural face masks. Some of these include:
POTASSIUM – Hydrates and moisturizes dehydrated skin.
B-VITAMINS – Protect against free radicals that cause oxidative stress and premature aging.
VITAMIN A – Heals dry, withered skin. Fades acne scars and dark spots. Smooths out aging skin.
ZINC – Fights acne-causing germs.
VITAMIN C – Necessary for the production of collagen. Fights off free radicals. For skin oil control.
VITAMIN E – Protects skin from UV damage. Slows down the process of aging. Fights free radical damage to skin cells.
LECTIN – Destroys bacteria that cause acne and pimples.
AMINO ACID – Nourishes skin. Strengthens connective tissue and helps maintain skin elasticity and strength.
Top 5 Benefits of Banana Fruit
- Skin moisturizer. Rich in potassium and moisture, it hydrates and moisturizes dry skin, making it soft and supple. If your skin is peeling and dry, simply apply a banana face mask on your face. Get a small bowl, mash up a ripe banana with the back of your fork, and apply to your face, avoiding the area around your eye and mouth. Rinse with cold water after 10 to 15 minutes and enjoy the soft feel of your skin.
- Oil control. If you’ve got oily, greasy skin, use a simple banana face mask with lemon juice and honey. Banana is a great exfoliator which helps slough off excess sebum on skin surface. It also contains moisture, potassium, and vitamins E and C, which all promote clear glowing skin
- Anti-aging effects. Bananas, also known as nature’s Botox, contain super wrinkle fighting nutrients that help fade age spots and prevent fine lines and wrinkles from forming. Coupled with other wrinkle-busting kitchen ingredients, you can gently nourish, exfoliate and protect mature skin.
- Treats acne. Banana and its peels are excellent homemade remedies for treating acne and pimples. You can directly apply the inside of a banana peel onto your acne to reduce inflammation and destroy bacteria.
- Lightens dark spots. Whether it’s acne scars, tiny moles, age spots, or just dark spots that make your face dull, you can reduce them and even out general skin discolorations by applying mashed banana onto your face at least twice a week.
Next issue, I will teach you how to make a very affordable banana facial mask for your skin.
For any comments and suggestions for this article kindly email me at: firstname.lastname@example.org